2015年2月6日星期五

CSC148 SLOG for week5

It has been a month since I took this course and I gradually find it is much more challenging than CSC108. The biggest difference between those two courses is that I need to care about the structure of a program by myself. In CSC108, the professor would give us a single function and inform us what it can do by examples. We just need to write a right code for it. Now, we are given an ultimate goal for a program and we need to make an overall design to make it come true. Although it is more complex, it makes me feel I'm a real programmer.


I took the first term test of CSC148 this Wednesday and I want to make a summary of it. Actually, I made a huge mistake in preparing this test—not checking piazza frequently! I hadn’t attached enough importance to piazza before took this test since I thought I could handle the course material without discussing with others. In fact, I was wrong. Looking through others’ questions and answers to those questions is of great benefit to understanding the course content and preparing for the tests. Without checking piazza, I had no idea what contents would be covered by this term test. Therefore, I reviewed much more than the range of this test and couldn’t focus on the key point of it(for example, I spent lots of time on Abstract Data Types). I didn’t even know we could bring an aid sheet to the exam. Fortunately, questions in this test didn't require me to look an aid sheet for help otherwise I might have freaked out during the test! In a word, I will get used to using piazza as soon as possible and make the best use of it.

没有评论:

发表评论