2015年1月29日星期四

CSC148 SLOG for week4

It was a tough night. My teammates and I fought for Assignment 1 all night long and finally finished it at 7 this morning. Thank god! We made it! Though I thought it was a torture during that time, I have to admit I’ve learned something critical for mastering computer science through this procedure.

1.Preciseness. Compared with natural language, programming language needs one hundred percent preciseness to make a command. For instance, once  we used a method imported from a class we had made. All of us thought we were using it in a ‘proper’ way, but it still raised error when we ran it. Having checked several times, we found the reason. Brackets! We wasted more than twenty minutes  just because we forgot to add a pair of brackets after this method’s name. So learning computer science does train us to treat a problem cautiously and precisely.

2.Patience. Without exaggeration, I considered to give up thousands of times during last night. Many times, we thought we had done everything right but it just could not run out successfully. We need to double check again and again in order to find out a little bug, maybe just a pair of brackets. This process sometimes made us feel annoyed and even desperate. I even thought about dropping this course. However, when we clam down digging into the code, we did can find the bug and fix it. The pleasure and sense of achievement we got for the first time running our game successfully was really unforgettable.


3.Teamwork. Many hands make light work. I don’t think I could finish Assignment 1 such ‘perfectly’ without the help from my teammates. They could always come up with some brilliant ideas when I was stuck with difficulties. Thank you guys!

没有评论:

发表评论